Watch Inflection Point: Where Will 2013 Take Us? Now on YouTube
Kathy Oneto is Vice President of Brand Strategy at Anthem Worldwide, one of Schawk, Inc.’s brand development agencies, and in this recent live webinar, she dips into the recent issue of Anthem Sightings to describe five of the 10 “sightings” contained in that issue. They are:
• Brands for Life: How brands like Subaru, Google Chrome and Wells Fargo are positioning their products as beneficial over the long term and worthy of the deeper relationship that Oneto feels many shoppers want in an increasingly fast-moving and “disposable” marketplace.
• Innovation Ecosystems: How many successful new businesses today are based on providing follow-on products and services to those from larger companies – such as the lucrative app business (built on smartphone and tablet products) and services like Prinstagram, which prints Instagram photos.
• Get To The Point Branding: How new brands like Help and Good Food Made Simple are using very direct language to introduce shoppers to their essential value propositions.
• Minimalist Design: How brands like “Nature Paint” and “The Food Doctor” use beautiful, simple packaging to convey a message of clarity and value.
• Right Price, Right Place, Right Time: How retailers like JC Penney and Nordstrom’s are using technology like handheld purchasing to get the right deals to customers when they wan them – and closing the sale in that moment.
Oneto sets up these trends with a detailed description of the consumer/brand context today, characterized by broad and dynamic change, “give it to me” culture, new entrepreneurism, brick-and-mortar vs. digital, and the data expansion. Over your next lunch hour, watch Inflection Point: Where Will 2013 Take Us? and then download Anthem Sightings: The Forecast Issue for even more detail.